StatCounter


May 11, 2006

PRINCE OF TIDES

This book was great. I was really into it. The story had a lot of twists and made me feel like, whats next..? It kept me in suspense. The whole time I really loved Tom the main character for his honesty. The story is about his depressed, suicidal sister whom he goes to visit, (meanwhile he has found out his wife is having an affair). He ends up falling for his sisters psychatrist, while he's there to fill in the blanks to why his sister became that way. Tom goes back in his childhood and recalls when a giant comes back to rape his mother and ends up raping him and his sister too with inmates. Tom remembers bits of his life, like when his grandfather walked with the cross, his father abused his family, his brother tries to stop his town from being abolished, and he beat up an abused girls father while he was a coach. This book must be read! I enjoyed this so much and I'd recommend it to anyone. It's my new favorite.

1 comment:

Sara Zoe Patterson said...

have you ever seen the movie? i've seen the movie but not read the book - just wondering if the movie is totally different or if it follows along pretty well?