Jun 22, 2017
Jun 12, 2017
Town of Seabrook Library
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Supervisor
GENERAL SUMMARY: This is a full-time regular non-exempt position which, under a minimum of supervision, entails responsibility for maintaining a clean and safe environment inside the Library and on the Library grounds. Daily, weekly and annual cleaning and upkeep of areas as needed. Reports to the Director.
REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of a high school diploma or G.E.D.; the ability to work independently and with other staff, the public and volunteers; ability to pass a criminal background check, pre-employment physical exam, and drug and alcohol test; ability to lift and/or carry 50 pounds frequently; and holding a valid driver’s license.
DUTIES: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Bathrooms—clean toilets, sinks, mirrors, walls and floors; remove grafitti and repair any damage; replenish toilet tissue, paper towels, hand soap and any other consumables.
· Library—remove all trash from entire building; vacuum all carpets, hard floors, dust book stacks and computer stations as needed; remove stains from carpet, floors and other surfaces; clean interior glass.
· Bring mail in from mailbox.
· Outdoor duties—police library grounds daily removing trash and debris; remove snow and ice with snow blower and shovel when needed; cut and trim grass when needed; rake, bag and remove leaves and other debris; pull weeds from around the building border, brick and granite memorial stones, and cracks in the walkways and parking lot.
· Prepare trash and recyclables for weekly town pickup at curb; occasional trips to transfer station as necessary.
· Annually (on Saturdays or Sundays in July and August)—extract carpets; wash and wax hard floors; wash windows; remove all books from the shelves, wash shelves and replace books; wash exterior glass
· Order and track maintenance supplies.
· Other maintenance duties as required by circumstances or requested by the Director.
This job operates in a professional office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
REQUIREMENTS: Physical Demands
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and may require standing, walking, bending, kneeling, carrying, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing, including using a ladder. The employee must frequently lift and move items up to 50 pounds, and occasionally over 50 pounds. Good physical condition is a must.
· Experience with a lawnmower, weed whacker, snow blower, floor scrubber and buffer, and a carpet extractor is desired.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
40 hours per week, Monday through Friday 7 am-3 pm. Evening hours may occasionally be required to close the building. Days/hours worked is somewhat flexible based on weather and other factors.
Benefits include vacation, sick leave, retirement, health & dental insurance, life and disability insurance.
Please send resume and 3 references to Ann Robinson, Director, Seabrook Library, 25 Liberty Lane, Seabrook, NH 03874 or email to email@example.com