StatCounter


May 11, 2006

The Big O


This book on one of the greatest basketball players of all time is probably the greatest bibliography I have ever read. I learned so much from it and it has changed me very much. Growing up in the racist south of the USA Oscar learned how to shot with a bundle of old dirty socks in his back yard. He himself changed basketball in so many ways that you cant even imagine. Of all the people who are greats in basketball you here about people like Wilt Chamberlain, Michael Jordan, and Lebron James. Not that these guys are bad or anything but you have to give credit to those people who formed basketball into what it is today. Without them you probably wouldn't be watching Shaq dunking in the low post or Kobe swishing threes. I mean look at Oscar's stats if you don't know who he is. http://www.databasebasketball.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=ROBEROS01
now that you know what I mean you can tell how good he was. Considering that he was the ONLY person to ever average a triple-double over a whole season is quite a feat. To find out more all that you need to do is read this book. It's among my favorites.

No comments: