StatCounter


Feb 21, 2006

Moccasin Thunder: American Indian Stories for Today

Find this book in the Hawley Library:
Book Moccasin thunder : American Indian stories for today.

Two short story collection in a row! Huzzah!

I picked up this book because it has a story by one of my favorite authors ever, Sherman Alexie. I'd actually already read the story of his included here in the book The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven, which is an incredible book. But I loved a lot of the other stories, and got an introduction to some other authors that I'll now look out for.

These stories, as a whole, do a really good job of describing the psychological and spiritual point of view of American Indians today - we all know stereotypes - this book goes deeper and explains without explaining their point of view. In other words, this collection is a great example of the power of short stories as a form - they convey vast amounts of meaning in a small amount of time and space.

No comments: